Instructional Products - Instructional Designer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 5, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200196808
Apple's Instructional Products team is seeking an Instructional Designer to develop end-user materials. The successful candidate is a self-starter who has a track record managing and delivering dynamic projects simultaneously with minimal oversight.
- Minimum of four years' experience creating end-user instructional materials, or equivalent experience.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to simplify technical or complex information and tasks into friendly, simple language.
- Experience working with software engineers, UX and graphic designers, and project managers.
- Good knowledge of macOS, iOS, and/or web platforms.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Flexibility and resourcefulness to manage changing business requirements, projects, and resources, adapting accordingly and positively.
- Experience balancing multiple projects simultaneously and meeting aggressive timelines.
You: Love words and language, and have strong opinions about style, grammar, tone, and voice. Are incredibly thorough, and can quickly spot errors and inconsistencies. Are extremely organized, and can keep track of key details. Can handle multiple projects simultaneously, shift gears on a dime when priorities change, and meet aggressive deadlines. Can learn new processes and tools quickly. Enjoy researching an issue and developing innovative solutions. Love collaborating with team members who work in other roles (designers, editors, engineers, marketers), and are happy to iterate on a piece to the point of perfection. Can write clear and engaging content for a variety of formats, and tailor your writing style as needed for different deliverables and audiences.
Education & Experience
Degree in Technical Writing, Instructional Design, Instructional Technologies, Information Design, or equivalent.
Back to top