Instructional Designer - Apple Retail Learning and Development
Posted: Aug 9, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200060162
Apple Retail Learning and Development (RLD) is responsible for preparing Retail leaders and team members to accomplish desired business results and accelerate their personal and professional growth. The RLD Design team is a group of creative and focused problem solvers who design and develop functional training and professional development content for Apple's retail team members around the world. In this role, you will collaborate with other creative roles and L&D disciplines to craft course materials with focused learning objectives and measurable impact.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with industry-proven and trending learning and development disciplines, processes, approaches, and technology
- A Design Thinking practitioner, especially focused on empathy, prototyping, and iteration
- Experience with HTML5-based authoring tools like Captivate, Storyline and Animate, virtual collaboration tools, and enterprise LMS systems
- Can effectively handle multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines-while delivering
- high-quality, innovative solutions
- Strong presentation, communication, and social skills
- Ready and excited to work within a global learning and development team that has specialized
- functions like project management, program management, and performance consulting
- Experience with with graphic design, video editing, image manipulation, and formatting is a plus
- Experience developing Leadership or Professional Development content is a plus
- Design learning experiences to support a variety of delivery types-including but not limited to eLearning, micro learning, classroom, virtual classroom, and blended learning experiences - Examine big data and/or analysis provided by other roles before determining additional discovery needed to complete your design plans - Use instructional design principles and conceptualize with media and technology teams to bring creative vision and learning objectives to life, including prototyping when appropriate - Conduct content reviews with subject matter experts and incorporate their feedback - Write extraordinarily in a conversational, intelligent style-even when the topic is technical - Use templates and guides to prepare content for publishing in a learning management system (LMS) - Develop content in authoring tools as necessary - Craft relevant learning assessments - Consult and partner with a variety of roles to ensure all details of your work are accurate and ready for publication - Update existing content to maintain its relevance and accuracy - Produce high quality deliverables on time - Work with other RLD team members to continuously improve tools and processes - Work independently and as part of a global, cross-functional team - Participate in meetings and conference calls either in person or virtually, domestically and internationally - Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- A bachelor's degree in Instructional Design or a related discipline is preferred - Two or more years of professional instructional design or equivalent experience-global audience preferred - Apple product and software experience required - LMS system experience or strength in technical learning required - Experience with graphic design, video storyboarding and scriptwriting, image manipulation, and formatting is a plus - This role can also be based in Austin, TX
- The following list of competencies serves two functions. First, it describes the basic skills and behaviors of the talent we are seeking. Second, it outlines the skills one can expect to develop as they grow within this role.
- Functional/Technical Skills
- - Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Technical Learning
- - Picks up on technical things quickly. Can learn new skills and knowledge. Is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Written Communications
- - Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- - Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas. Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions. Tends to be seen as original and valuable in brainstorming sessions.
- Time Management
- - Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- - Cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough. Holds things together during tough times; can handle stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn't show frustration when resisted or blocked.
- Problem Solving
- - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Probes all fruitful sources for answers. Can see hidden problems. Is excellent at honest analysis. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top