Information Security Manager, Product Management
- Seattle, WA
Posted: Apr 26, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200210452
This positon can be located in Santa Clara Valley (CA), Seattle (WA), or Austin (TX). At Apple, Information Security is one of our most critical and pervasive concerns, where the security of our customer data and devices is paramount to our success. We don't just talk the talk, we help engineers at Apple walk the walk by making security easy for them. Security can often be a burden when it comes too late. We want to shift security work to where it is cheapest and easiest to implement. We do this by integrating security into existing pipelines, crafting simple, intuitive designs, and focusing resources where they matter most! Do you enjoy leading a team to do great things? Do you like challenges that require balancing a simplified user experience with highly technical information? Are you able to think strategically and act tactically to help your team build highly successful products? Do you enjoy solving complex problems with simplified solutions? Are you both creative and pragmatic? As a manager of Product Managers in Information Security, you will advise and guide strategic direction with organizational leadership and the products your team owns. You will provide leadership and oversight to enable your team to create product visions and roadmaps that align to Apple's core beliefs, and meets information security goals and objectives, all while surprising and delighting our internal Apple customers. You will work closely with engineering teams, security verticals, and internal customers to develop products and features that improve the customer experience and lead to better security outcomes. You will identify key metrics to measure success and analyze data to decide where to focus your team. You will use critical and creative thinking to help your team identify gaps and come up with solutions to user and stakeholder problems. Critical responsibilities of a Manager of Product Managers are to build, develop, and support a team of strong, independent product managers and to drive product vision and strategy across the organization. Product managers working in Information Security have a particular need to understand the common challenges of information security and how to overcome them, while also accommodating the unique challenges facing engineering teams that have to ship their products on tight deadlines while keeping Apple secure. How do we make security easy for developers, engineers, project managers, and security teams alike? We need your help!
- 8+ years of experience in technology, product, engineering, and/or security organizations.
- 3+ years people management with a passion for building and motivating a high performing team.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with building and managing scalable and robust internal or external customer facing products.
- Shown success in driving strategic change and influencing leaders inside and outside your organization.
- Ability to connect with and empower your team to deliver results with high quality and low friction.
- Passion for keeping customers secure and the aim to make security easy.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically to ship the best products.
- Passionate about details and providing a phenomenal user experience.
- Ability to learn, understand, and communicate technical concepts and challenges.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with the ability to influence without authority.
- Experience in managing a decentralized and diverse team working in a distributed environment with shifting priorities.
- Background in product management, preferred experience includes in-house development of large scale internal products and/or security products.
Information Security is looking for an experienced manager for a team of product managers who own products that directly affect critical security objectives and form the foundation for a healthy security ecosystem. This team is responsible for product vision and strategy, customer advocacy, roadmap and feature development, and customer success for Information Security products. AS A MANAGER OF PRODUCT MANAGERS YOU WILL: - Define and communicate the overall product vision and strategy across the organization, driving changes in alignment with organization leadership where needed. - Work with your team to define their own individual product visions and strategies, product roadmaps, and timelines and ensure that they align with the overall vision and the organizational strategy and goals. - Prioritize team efforts, stay in touch with the teams across the org to learn about new initiatives that may result in products, and raise issues where initiatives conflict with current and future plans. - Identify opportunities to align product and feature development across the organization and company. - Initiate and drive efforts to improve team or organizational effectiveness. - Define and drive engagement models for the product lifecycle across the organization. - Engage with customers to understand their experience with Information Security products and drive improvements. - Collaborate with the engineering leadership to ensure priorities are aligned, and we are building the right things in the best way possible. - Create and standardize a comprehensive product communications strategy, including development status, end-user engagement, and executive updates. - Keep apprised of new technologies/services and find opportunities to automate/simplify/enhance existing products.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience Nice to have(s): - Product Management or Product Design certification - CISSP or similar security certifications
- Preferred Qualifications:
- - Experience working on or directly with software development
- - Knowledge of and experience with one or more information security domains
Back to top