Posted: Nov 4, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200112023
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test and qualification of camera hardware and software for Apple products. In this role, you will engineer code that will enable the next generation of Camera Image Sensors. You will collaborate with other firmware and hardware groups to enable features and debug issues on the image sensors and ASICs used in Apple Camera products.
- You will have 5+ years of experience developing device drivers and firmware.
- Strong, proven coding skills in C/C++ in an embedded environment
- Strong object-oriented programming, debugging and performance tuning skills.
- You will have prior experience with Image Sensor integration into mobile systems.
- Previous experience with Image Sensor technology and Camera HW components.
- Familiarity with camera system communication protocols such as MIPI/I2C, DisplayPort.
- Proficiency in scripting languages, such as Python.
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and framework is a plus.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and execute in a self-directed environment.
- Ability to deliver clean, well factored code.
Develop, maintain and pursue performance targets for low-level device driver for image sensors across all Apple products. Architect and develop embedded systems solutions to take advantage of new sensor capabilities to target camera features. Support post-silicon characterization by developing test firmware for wide range of hardware in the latest camera sub system. Including camera peripherals such as lens actuators, voice-coil motors (VCMs) and power management units (PMUs). Perform bring-up, triage bugs reported and aid in system integration. Work closely with vendors and cross functionally within Apple to define features, identify the requirements and review implementation.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering