Posted: Oct 2, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200052096
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in developing excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? Job Summary: The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. In this role, you will be at the center of image sensor design effort, with a critical impact on camera design. This includes scoping and documenting sensor architectures, engaging in design execution and driving sensor validation.
- You will collaborate with the wider camera team to understand the feature requirements that drive sensor needs.
- You will evaluate alternate image sensor read out schemes.
- Evaluate power/performance trade- offs of each, and complexities of implementation.
- Document sensor requirements to the detail required for successful implementation.
- Negotiate design targets and specifications with vendors, drive vendor selection, design execution, silicon validation and productization.
- Develop a roadmap of capabilities for future silicon revisions and camera platforms.
- Drive test chip designs and characterization methodologies.
- Present at meetings on camera performance, features and capabilities.
Be familiar with image sensor manufacturing technology, image sensor performance metrics, image sensor usage and integration into camera systems, understand general industry trends and technical challenges. Willing and able to travel to supplier facilities for design reviews, silicon bring up and production issues as needed. Knowledgable enough in all aspects of sensor usage that they can productively work with and support the camera team. Having experience beyond image sensors in MEMS and other sensors is a plus.
Education & Experience
BS required in electrical engineering / MS or PhD preferred
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of CMOS image sensor and camera module Experience for FPGA integration and bring up