Identity Management Software QE Engineer
Posted: May 16, 2019
Role Number: 114407588
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple's Identity Management Services QE group is looking for a highly motivated, result-oriented Engineer with a strong background in Software Development and Quality Engineering to join its team of highly skilled software engineers. You will be responsible for overseeing quality engineering of server side & customer facing distributed platforms and applications in a fast paced dynamic environment. Your job is to keep our high-quality bar set ridiculously high, and to help us identify and execute ways to raise it even higher. The Quality Engineer in this role will play a key function in delivering highly critical Identity Management/Authentication features to internal and external customers on OS X, iOS, and Web in addition to supporting the development of internal test automation & test management tools.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field and 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation.
- 5+ years of combined work experience in Software Development/Quality Engineering
- Admin-level expertise in QE automation architecture, methodologies, processes, tools
- Background in automating functional, system, and integration tests on Web, iOS, macOS, Android, Win
- Experience building test programs in Java, Python, Swift, AppleScript, or other OO languages. Experience working with Selenium Webdriver highly desired.
- Familiarity with Identity Management software fundamentals and test methodologies
- Expertise in testing Web Services (Rest & SOAP), databases, and batch processes
- Working knowledge of software build tools and CI/CD integrations
- Validated ability to deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent context switching
- Ambitious, independent, and dedicated
- Excellent collaboration and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Provide functional and integration quality-assurance testing for features delivered on Web, iOS, OS X, and other operating systems BuildQA test plans and cases with the goal of 100% automation and reduction of regression test cycles Build test management tools/utilities and enhance existing automation platforms Work closely with cross-functional organizations, project teams and clients to develop test plans, execute test plans and cases, and deliver high quality products Act as a strong advocate for quality in the software development process Identify gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggest necessary process improvements Self-motivated and must be able to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgment in the absence of complete requirements Provide project managers with timely and accurate QE status and progress during all testing phases, including summarizing QE results at project conclusion Able to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment Excellent verbal and written communication skills Good interpersonal skills and able to work with various cross functional teams to deliver high quality products. Expert-level knowledge of software build tools and CI/CD integrations Experience managing distributed vendor resources Working knowledge of Apple hardware and software
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field with 2+ years experience.
Back to top