Human Factors Engineer - Design Validation
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 11, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200157361
This is a unique opportunity to impact the design of Apple products across the organization. In collaboration with designers, engineers, and other human factors professionals, you will drive decisions based on subjective and quantitative data. Your work will help shape the future of Apple products.
- Familiar with advanced human factors research methodologies and experience designing/executing user studies
- Proficient in technical analysis of quantitative and qualitative data including a working knowledge of statistics
- Good communicator who is able to clearly present ideas, defend results and debate strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a passion for interacting with users, asking thoughtful questions, and actively listening to feedback
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with mechanical design, programming, sensor systems, biomechanics, or other engineering disciplines.
- Experience in the use of JMP, Matlab, Python and Swift for the development of user study tools, and the automation of results analysis is highly valued.
Work with cross-functional teams to define project requirements, formulate research questions, and create study methodologies Execute user studies with quantitative and qualitative data collection Analyze data and identify key takeaways Prepare and present results and recommendations to management and decision makers Investigate new measurement techniques and stay current on human factors best practices
Education & Experience
BS in Human Factors, Ergonomics, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, Anthropology or similarly relevant field (MS or PhD preferred). In lieu of professional degrees, 5+ years' experience in relevant fields
Back to top