HomeKit Partner- Customer Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 16, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200057688
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. The iOS Home team builds the foundation that enables an entire ecosystem of secure and intelligent home connectivity. We are developing technologies and crafting experiences that revolutionize the way people harmonize with the HomeKit enabled accessories around them. The Apple Home Partner Engineering team is looking for a highly motivated Customer Engineer to assist partners in integrating HomeKit solutions in their products using Apple's Accessory Development Kit (ADK).
- Experience in working with external partners and vendors to deliver customer facing products and services
- Ability to debug and write code
- Expertise in understanding & writing technical specifications
- Knowledge of hardware and software development on embedded systems
- Ability to multitask, prioritize & follow through
- Self-starting and independent, working with limited supervision
- Experience in multi-functional collaboration
- Excellent problem solving skills
As a HomeKit Partner - Customer Engineer on our team, you will join hands-on development team that cultivates creativity and quality to deliver engineering perfection. Your primary responsibility is to assist HomeKit Partners in integrating HomeKit in their products by closely work with them throughout the development cycle to ensure successful completion of the HomeKit product. Provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems as they pertain to HomeKit integration in smart home products. Establish and manage technical relationships between Apple and HomeKit Partners. Communicate and coordinate HomeKit Partners' strategies with multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups within Apple to obtain required support to assist in HomeKit product launches. Your passion for product ownership and attention to detail will prove critical to your success on our team. You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions. Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality. You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude. This role also requires occasional travel (~25%) Our goals are simple but the task is large; create the most amazing home automation experience in the world that our customers will love.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Working experience with Linux, shell, Python, C, Objective-C socket, git and docker.
- Experience debugging code on embedded devices and microcontrollers with debuggers such as gdb and lldb
- 3-5 years embedded software development experience.
- Knowledge of Cortex-M and RTOS, OpenSSL/MbedTLS.
Back to top