High Voltage Battery Management Systems (BMS) Lead
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 18, 2020
Role Number: 200130457
The Special Projects Group (SPG) is seeking a lead engineer for the High Voltage (HV) Battery Management System (BMS) team. The candidate will be responsible for the overall technical leadership of a BMS with a team. They will be responsible for the BMS from the beginning of the project through production and into the field - guiding the team through the strategy and execution of the BMS through verification and field support. They are the "module owner" - responsible for overall delivery including architecture, component selection, board design and fab, controls, SW, verification and validation, through production and into the field.
- Electrical Engineering background
- Experience designing or working with high voltage (>60V) is nice to have
- 5+ years of experience in Battery management systems
- 5+ years of experience in Technical leadership
- Strong data-driven analytical/problem solving skills using statistical tools and techniques to support proposed solutions
- Experience working in a team environment and being self-motivated to identify and close design issues
- Ability to articulate design issues, and define paths to resolution both verbally and with documentation
- Must primarily possess knowledge in EE, battery technology (chemistry, cell construction, and cell / pack models) and controls
- Should have a good understanding of thermals, mechanical and packaging challenges
- Experience working with domestic and overseas manufacturers preferred
- Flexibility and comfort working in a quickly changing environment
• BMS Module Owner - Overall delivery including hardware, SW, and controls. • Technical leadership of an existing team of Electrical Engineers • BMS timelines and resourcing (working with a program manager) • BMS architecture • BMS functional definition (working with controls and SW teams) • BMS requirements / specification • BMS PCB design, layout, bring-up, verification • BMS component selection and associated vendor management • BMS system verification and validation • BMS hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) tester • BMS end-of-line (EOL) tester (working with a test engineering team) • Interfacing with EE, PD, safety, functional integration, and system engineering teams to ensure the BMS works within the overall system.
Education & Experience
At least Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering preferred.
Back to top