HID, Software Apps Quality Engineer
Posted: Dec 20, 2019
Role Number: 200135205
Be part of the Input Device QE team, focused on testing application software used to collect data and develop Apple's next generation features and algorithms. This includes technologies such as Multitouch, Heart-rate sensing, TouchID, and FaceID. Testing is focused on macOS, iOS, and watchOS applications that drive unique UI experiences, interface with firmware and low level software drivers, and provide data to processing pipelines. You will be a motivated individual who independently follows up on bugs, collaborates with developers to resolve issues and can understand and discuss technical problems with other QE engineers, development partners and program managers.
- Partnering with a development team to quickly learn a new application, break it into functional parts, and identify potential weaknesses
- Understanding the context where an application will be deployed, providing insights to potential failures
- Authoring detailed test plans that cover all functionality and edge cases of a system
- Developing robust and repeatable automated testing solutions
- Executing manual and automated test plans on a variety of hardware and software configurations
- Crafting quality from an early stage by being involved through the entire project lifecycle
- Documentation of test cases and code used for test execution
- Tracking performance, reporting results to management, driving issues to closure
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, guaranteeing complete test coverage and a seamless end user experience.
- Crafting creative new tools, fixtures, and methodologies to stress software features
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/CPE/EE or related degrees
- 2+ years experience with software or application testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top