HID: Health Studies Scientist
Posted: Nov 21, 2019
Role Number: 200126268
Apple is looking for a Health Studies Scientist to design health studies that will inform the research, verification, and validation of sensors and algorithms on various health technologies.
- Deep understanding of medical, scientific, or clinical research techniques and principles
- Advanced degree (Pharm.D, Ph.D, MD, NP, PA) or equivalent research experience preferred
- Proficient in planning, executing, and reporting health research studies
- Consistent track record of handling and prioritizing multiple studies
- Able to rapidly acquire familiarity with emergent technologies and software algorithms
- Standout colleague with effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to independently author research protocols
- Able to progress on deliverables in a dynamic environment, with flexibility in changing requirements
The Health Studies Scientist will work closely with product development teams to design health studies that inform and evaluate the sensor and algorithm performance in detecting and assessing various human conditions. Responsibilities include: - Collaborate with engineers to define research hypothesis, study goals, data collection methods and protocol outline - Enable scientific validity and reproducibility of the results - Develop and author detailed research protocols to enable quality data collection - Maintain high level of medical acumen and procedures involved in health/clinical studies - Develop and consult on study documentation to enable protocol compliance and human subject safety - Clearly understand internal data collection tools and third-party devices to ensure data validity - Partner with Study Operations Engineers to initiate, monitor, and close out studies - Lead pilot studies - Train study personnel on data collection modalities and best practices
Education & Experience
BA/BS nursing, pharmacy, life sciences or health-related discipline is required. Graduate degree (MS or PhD) preferred with experience in medical/scientific research. In lieu of graduate degree, preferred 5+ years of experience in conducting clinical research or relevant experience in medical/scientific area.
- Passionate about innovative technologies. Willingness to travel occasionally.
Back to top