HID Health Studies Operations Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Feb 28, 2020
Role Number: 200155755
Apple is seeking a Health Studies Operations Engineer to support the coordination, execution and monitoring of health studies. This is a dynamic, collaborative role, where your work will inform the development, research, verification, and validation of sensors on various health technologies. The ideal candidate is knowledgable about human subjects research operations, enjoys working collaboratively, has exemplary organizational skills and is passionate about health.
- Minimum 3+ years of pharmaceutical-sponsored clinical operations management experience (or equivalent) preferred.
- Strong human research background with clear understanding of clinical research study lifecycle
- Strong leadership and professional skills, with the validated ability to influence teams to adopt best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively motivate multi-functional teams
- The ideal candidate will possess strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and time management skills
- Able to rapidly acquire familiarity with emergent technologies and software algorithms
- Strong organizational and management skills, with a track record of on-time project delivery
- Able to work in a dynamic environment, with flexibility in changing requirements
- Demonstrates a dedicated, "can-do" attitude
- Ambitious and comfortable working under minimal supervision
The Health Studies Operations Engineer will work closely with product development teams to execute and lead health-related research studies that inform and evaluate the sensor and algorithm performance in detecting and assessing various human conditions. Responsibilities include: -Lead and communicate study definition, study development milestones, study schedules, and study status with health researchers and associated technology teams -Coordinate confidently with hardware, software, algorithm, and project management teams to identify and resolve potential risks to the schedule and data quality -Monitor incoming study data and report on data status to the study team -Collaborate with protocol designers to define study requirements and associated data collection equipment and setup -Establish relationships with health researchers and engineers -Handle confidential information with discretion -Develop study documentation (plans, manuals) that integrate multi-functional study requirements, eligibility screeners, consent forms, data tracking, and any additional documents required for data collection -Run ongoing study logistics to maintain data collection -Organize and distribute study supplies, equipment and documentation to researchers -Train study personnel on data collection protocol, modalities and best practices
Education & Experience
BA/BS nursing, pharmacy, life sciences, or research-related discipline is required. Minimum 3+ years of experience in health research management/operations or relevant experience is preferred.
Back to top