HID, Health Sensor SW Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 10, 2020
Role Number: 200191117
HID, Health Sensor Software team is working on ground breaking features for Apple Watch that empower users to live a better and healthier life, while keeping their data private and secure. As a member of the team, you'll have opportunities to work with world class medical researchers, designers and engineers across the stack to help users live a healthier life. You will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of HID/Sensor software infrastructure from design to debug. Come work with us on features like Heart Rate, ECG, Cycle Tracking and many more and create an impact!
- Strong C/C++/Objective-C programming and design skills
- Proven software architecture experience
- Experience designing SW interfaces or APIs
- Experience with debugging and profiling code in both kernel and user space.
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Self directed, analytical, and work well in a team environment
- Comfortable working at both higher and lower levels of software
- ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience working with sensor data (e.g. accelerometer, heart rate sensor) is a strong plus
- Familiarity with IOKit, Objective-C and other iOS/OS X frameworks is a plus
In this role, you will maintain and design new software stacks for future health products and sensing technologies. Ideally, you have experience dealing with human factors, care deeply about user experience, enjoy supporting technology investigations, and are comfortable jumping between multiple levels of the software stack. This position requires a self-motivated engineer with strong technical and communication skills to handle responsibilities including: - Architecting and building software stack to implement new features in the Health space. - Participating in architecture and code reviews. - Building internal tools as needed to help ship high quality software. - Performance tuning to deliver the best experience to users.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CS/CE (or equivalent)
Back to top