HID, Haptics Quality Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Oct 27, 2020
Role Number: 200201277
We are seeking a motivated, technical Quality Engineer to test and validate Apple's Taptic Engine firmware, software, and algorithms for next generation haptic devices including iPhone, Watch, and trackpad. Apple is known for having the highest quality products in the world; in this role, you will be directly responsible for the quality of your technology, working collaboratively with developers in a fast-paced, dynamic team that never compromises when it comes to delivering a world class experience to millions of customers around the world.
- 1+ years of QE experience required
- Strong knowledge of the QE process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven skill in bug hunting and regression testing
Responsibilities include: • Owning the quality of haptics firmware, software, and algorithms on iOS, watchOS, and macOS devices • Hunting down bugs and tenaciously driving them to resolution • Developing and executing intelligent automated and manual test cases • Working multi-functionally to drive quality and communicate results • Writing comprehensive test guidelines from engineering specifications and data sheets • Building and utilizing innovative testing methodologies • Using diagnostic software and hardware to isolate and debug complex issues • Clearly and concisely documenting issues and driving them to resolution • Testing the full SW, FW, HW stack to drive the best possible customer experience You will be a motivated individual who: • Independently follows up on issues • Is comfortable collaborating with developers to resolve low level issues • Understands and discusses highly technical issues with developers • Thoroughly analyzes how new features or designs impact the customer experience
Education & Experience
BS/MS in CE/EE
- Track record of shipping great consumer facing products
- • Use of hardware debugging tools - Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, USB Analyzers,
- • Experience with test automation using Python, Bash, Swift, C++, AppleScript, or other scripting language
- • Experience with signal processing and data analysis in Matlab or other numerical computing environments
- • Experience developing and deploying test automation tools and frameworks
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Back to top