Health Software - Heart Applications Software Engineer
Posted: Sep 4, 2019
Role Number: 200093023
"I believe, if you zoom out into the future, and you look back, and you ask the question, 'What was Apple's greatest contribution to mankind?' it will be about health." - Tim Cook, 2019 Health is a diverse, talented, and passionate team working on health features at the center of Apple's strategy to improve how people manage their health, and are helping our users live healthier lives. The Health Applications Software Team develops user facing applications that run on both phone and watch for specific health topics and conditions that require FDA approvals and adherence to ISO regulations. Come work on life changing features like ECG, Irregular Rhythm Notifications and other safety critical consumer software.
- Experience designing and developing watchOS or iOS applications
- Software development experience with C/C++/ObjectiveC or Swift
- Strong grasp of Apple development tools (e.g. Xcode, LLDB, and Instruments)
- Ability to analyze large features and implement practical solutions
- Deep understanding of fundamental Computer Science concepts
- Strong object-oriented design and programming skills
- Proven willingness to learn and keep growing
- Ability to work well and respectfully with others by listening, communicating clearly, and actively sharing knowledge
- Fantastic attention to detail
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunities to work with clinical, design and engineering teams to innovate in the healthcare space in ways that only Apple can. In this role, you will (1) design and architect health regulatory and sensor software apps, (2) collaborate with the health strategic initiatives team to translate innovative product requirements to engineering design, and (3) drive end to end system engineering and architecture for cross-partnership programs. This position requires a self-motivated engineer with strong technical and communication skills to handle responsibilities including: • Implementing new features in the Health space • Prototyping new ideas to help with initial feature definition • Communicating ideas to the Apple design team and other cross functional teams • Participating in architecture and code reviews • Architecting health frameworks to support a complete integration
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- • Familiarity with medical, health and fitness concepts is a plus
- • Passion for digital health and fitness
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top