Health Sensing Product Design - Mechanical Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 18, 2020
Role Number: 200193005
The Health Sensing Product Design team is seeking a hardworking optomechanical engineer to build great experiences and bring Apple products to life. We develop sensors that change the way people interact with their technology. You will play a key role in specifying, developing, characterizing, and validating the mechanical design of health sensing systems. You should be familiar with product manufacturing technologies related to sensors. At the end of the extraordinary team effort, your work will be in the hands of millions of people making a visible difference in their daily lives.
- 4+ years of hands-on, experience designing for a production environment. High volume, consumer electronics, or health/optical sensing experience is a plus.
- 3D CAD experience and proficiency in GD&T and tolerance analyses.
- Practical experience with optical modules, health sensors, packaging techniques, and optoelectronic components.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to craft clear engineering documentation (2D drawings, standard operating procedures, ECOs)
- Able to effectively collaborate with diverse team members and external vendors to define and achieve project goals.
- Experience with JMP, MATLAB, scripting and data analysis are a plus.
- Interest, curiosity and motivation to learn and apply new engineering concepts.
You will lead the end-to-end design, development, and validation of health sensing technology into Apple's portfolio of products. You will work with a talented multifunctional team to generate and validate design concepts, and as the mechanical expert you will be responsible for engineering analysis and documentation for your piece of the project: Identifying design tradeoffs and risks to choose viable paths forward. Applying good experiment design and the scientific method to reduce design risk early. Running tolerance studies to ensure designs are feasible over manufacturing tolerances. Driving processes to meet Apple's high cosmetic standards. Supporting external manufacturing vendors with process development and root cause analysis for issues found during testing, including international travel between 15% and 25%.
Education & Experience
BSME required, MSME, PhD preferred
Back to top