Health Sensing HW Electrical Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Jan 22, 2021
Role Number: 200194914
The Health Sensing team design, develop, and launch next-generation Sensor Technologies in Apple products. The key goal of the Health Sensing team is to enable the world's best user- experience. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience and proven track record in electrical or system hardware engineering
- Strong electrical engineering background on analog, mixed signal and failure analysis with mass production experience
- Proficiency in SPICE, Matlab, Python, LabView or similar scripting and simulation tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as solid teamwork and leadership skills
- Knowledge of system and firmware development is a huge plus
- Experience in optical module development and quality management is a plus
- Experience in working overseas manufacturers and vendors is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant consumer electronics or research experience required.
-Conducting system, board level design, and the projects designated for the team, which will span the lifecycle of a new product from initial design and functional specification of new hardware features and architecture design all the way to supporting and validating these features (35%); -Reviewing and commenting on schematics and system reviews, developing analysis tools for hardware performance, performing complex system level tests, resolving issues in existing products, and performing unit testing and integration testing (25%); -Driving the development of component/module vendors and tester/evaluation plan bring-up to deliver scalable solution to support Apple mass production in a high quality way (25%); -Collaborating with hardware, system, operations, and test engineers that will be utilizing the health sensing feature, as well as writing design and architecture documents (15%); and up to 15% travel required.
Education & Experience
M.S. degree in electrical engineering, physics, or related field, or industry experience equivalent.
Back to top