Health Privacy Counsel
Posted: Mar 21, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200046306
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you'll help uphold Apple's high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You'll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you'll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. As Privacy Counsel you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team on privacy issues impacting Apple's business and products globally. You will work directly with business and engineering teams to design innovative privacy solutions for products as well as across the legal department on Apple activities and regulatory issues.
- Understanding of state and federal privacy laws, with a particular emphasis on HIPAA, state health privacy laws, and research laws in an information technology context
- Experience drafting and negotiating privacy related contracts
- Experience defining, drafting and implementing policies and procedures and training
- Experience conducting ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with other compliance and operational assessment functions
- Ability to get results in diverse fast pace environments
- Able to clearly organize and inform through excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to lead, take action and provide proven direction in the face of ambiguity
- Strong analytical capability with attention to detail
- Ability to partner at all levels of the organization
- Excellent academic credentials
- 3-7 years health privacy experience as an associate at a premier law firm or business
- In-house experience a plus but not essential
You will be responsible for advising and providing support on privacy related aspects for Apple's various health projects and work alongside legal, engineering and business teams. This role will report to Apple's Privacy Legal Office. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE: Deep understanding of health and general privacy laws, regulations, requirements and industry best practices. Advising the business on health privacy legal, regulatory, and business standards. Supporting and monitoring a privacy program, as needed, to ensure that technology and business processes meet applicable legal requirements. Coordinating internal and external investigations, compliance reviews and monitoring activities. Identifying and communicating potential risks areas with leadership. Ensuring that all appropriate employees and management are knowledgeable of, and comply with, pertinent federal and state privacy standards, including employee education and training. Staying informed of and properly communicating any changes to or developments in privacy laws, regulations, standards, and guidance.
Education & Experience
BA and JD with 3- 7 years experience in privacy, in particular health privacy
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top