Head of IS&S Payments & Commerce Business Analytics
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Mar 6, 2019
Role Number: 200042472
Apple seeks to hire a senior leader of business analytics/applied decision support for the Payments & Commerce Analytics group. Reporting to the head of IS&S Payments & Commerce Analytics, this person will be responsible for leading business analytics across ApplePay, App Store & iTunes Gift Card, as well as Payments and commerce for the multi billion dollar services business at Apple. Data based decisioning is at the heart of what we do, from enhancing the customer experience of paying on our stores, to optimizing billing and payments strategy across our growing Subscriptions businesses.
- You are a top-tier analytics professional with 10+ years of experience in forming teams, organizing analytical processes and workflows, and mentoring junior team members
- We are looking for a hands-on analytics leader who can develop high performing teams to meet the needs of a highly dynamic and complex business.
- You have a strong passion for applied empirical analytics and answering hard questions with data, and the demonstrated ability to conceptualize, promote and implement business insights
- More than just an analyst, you will develop a keen understanding of the business and be a strategic leader with vision and member of the Payments, Gift Card, and Commerce teams.
- Have a strong passion for conceptualizing, documenting and deploying complex analytical plans to take on business problems.
- Confirmed collaboration, communication and story telling skills with ability to adapt and connect across a variety of audiences. This includes strong writing, and data visualization skills with the ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to senior executives.
- Partner with senior leaders across the three focus areas to understand business goals, consult on data strategies and produce repeatable, data-driven outcomes
- You will also have experience crafting end-to-end measurement programs for customer acquisition and retention efforts.
- Leading ongoing and ad-hoc analyses, data mining and predictive analytics to provide leadership with actionable insights at tactical and strategic levels.
- Partner with the data enginiering and BI team to Run workflows, requirements and project roadmap with Apple's IT organization to ensure consistent data availability, data quality and data accessibility.
- Be a self-starter, driven, accountable and a highly high-energy teammate.
- You have a background in payments and/or physical retailing/merchandising analytics experience highly preferred.
We are seeking an experienced senior professional to manage a team of data scientists to design, develop, and field analyses that have direct and measurable impact to the customer experience and business outcomes. You are passionate about providing a rich understanding of customer behavior and business dynamics. We are looking for someone that is passionate about building analytics practices and data-powered tools to solve complicated business problems and deliver on our strategies. You will manage a team of business analysts, and data scientists, responsible for partnering with leadership to empower and improve decision-making You are self-directed with wide range of technical skills, and are highly proficient in turning data discoveries into analytical insights that drive business and customer outcomes. This role is challenging tactically and strategically and requires a mix high level leadership and deep experience directing the activities of a highly applied and deliverables focused team. This is a hands-on role leading a mix of exploratory data analysis, promotional effectiveness, reporting/dashboards and business case development aimed at linking business actions and metrics, market conditions, and consumer behaviors to key marketing & business outcomes. In addition, the team also conducts deep ad hoc analysis on a broad range of strategic and tactical questions related to Payments, billing optimization, and ApplePay including CRM activities related to customer acquisition, lifecycle, and retention across our services and subscriptions business at Apple.
Education & Experience
Advanced degree in Applied Econometrics, Statistics, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Analytics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, or related field. Ph.D is desired.
- * Conceive and coach the design of end to end scripted analytics solutions using SAS, SQL/TeraData. Experience with analytical systems in Spark + Hadoop with Python or R highly preferred.
- * You are also proficient in Base SAS, SAS STAT & SAS Macros and expertise with SAS - Enterprise Guide/Miner. Expert level SQL required, experience using R/Python within Spark/Hadoop clusters highly preferred.
- * Have strong working knowledge of database structures and data warehousing principles and have authoritative level SQL with the ability to ETL both structured and unstructured data from various sources; experience with TeraData highly preferred.
Back to top