Posted: Jun 16, 2021
Role Number: 200160605
The Special Projects Group (SPG) is seeking a Lead Hardware System Integration engineer within the Hardware System Team. This is a system design position that entails owning electrical engineering decisions and implementations entailing audio, video, lighting, and actuation in coordinated and curated user experiences. This person will work with attribute modeling teams and multiple module teams to architect, design, bring up, verify, and validate prototype and production systems. The ideal candidate is someone with significant electrical system integration experience who's eager for more emphasis on cross-functional leadership opportunities than board-level design work. Still, the ability to dive deep into technical issues to identify solutions and keep other teams moving is crucial to success in this role. Developing strong credibility and rapport with other engineering and non-technical teams is also a must.
- BSEE, MSEE preferred
- 5+ years overall experience
- Product-level electrical integration experience
- Superior written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Understanding of mechanical design and software development processes in order to approach problems from their perspective and anticipate their needs
- Experience designing high volume and/or high reliability products from beginning to end; leveraging contract manufacturers
- Experience with power delivery, signal integrity, cabling, and interconnect
- Hierarchical design modeling [Matlab, Simulink, SysML, Python, Perl]
- Design of experiments creation, execution, and data analysis
In this role, you will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team to develop and integrate hardware systems for future Apple products. You should be comfortable presenting technical content and understanding how to tailor the narrative based on your audience and desired outcome. •Own EE aspects of a highly integrated platform with a focus on experience and interactions •Capture stakeholder requirements and translate them into engineering requirements •Maintain the system schematic, block diagram, and interconnect plan •Prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support •Experience with DFMEA and functional safety concept •Experience with communication protocols like CAN, LIN and Ethernet
Education & Experience
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.