Hardware Qualification Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 26, 2020
Role Number: 200145603
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Are you seeking to push the limits of what's considered feasible? As part of our Battery Engineering group, craft creative battery solutions that deliver more energy in smaller spaces than ever before. We work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you'll help us innovate new battery technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you'll push the industry boundaries of what batteries can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. In this role you will utilize your skills as a validation engineer to develop testing plans to validate battery packs for next generation consumer electronics. You will work with suppliers to co-develop, manage and analyze testing at the supplier locations in concert with testing in Cupertino.
- Do you possess 4+ years in electronic circuit development and/or design, testing and qualification with mixed signal (embedded microcontroller plus analog) systems?
- Deep understanding of EE test equipment and use and appropriate application. (Oscilloscopes, meters, data-loggers, power supplies, etc.) Familiarity with test platforms including Automated Test Equipment utilizing data acquisition and instrumentation control software such as Labview or similar test scripting.
- Good knowledge of inter-module communications protocols like SM bus, I2C and others.
- Some electronics design experience preferred with ability to review schematics and electronic board layout designs
- Familiarity with Lithium-based battery technologies and charging requirements is helpful
- Experience with portable consumer electronic products or batteries will be an advantage
- Background in Battery Management Systems hardware is a plus but not a requirement
- Familiarity with battery cycle test equipment is desired.
- Background (any of the following): Portable consumer electronics Medical Electronics Automotive Electronics Batteries Power Electronics and Power Supplies Embedded controllers Relies on data to justify technical decisions Ability to clearly explain technical issues Knowledge in statistical analysis
- Responsibilities include interpreting electronic specifications, developing validation plans, reviewing and approving battery pack designs, performing validation tests and analyzing and reporting test results. - You will review and approves design requirements. - Reviews schematics and layout to verify conformance and to determine testability. - Writes validation plans and test procedures to verify the design requirements conformity based on supplied product specifications. - Reviews internal validation data and writes report. - Conducts investigations and prepares reports to support investigations. - Writes plans, co-develops procedures and analyzes data for validation activities at vendor sites. - Reviews simulations and calculations
Education & Experience
Back to top