GRS People DIRECTOR
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Feb 11, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200148046
The successful candidate will be an agile senior leader, an experienced coach and trusted business partner with Organizational Design experience to develop and lead the following: the members of the GRS People team, the respective business leaders and employees, as well as the supporting multi-functional People teams/initiatives across Apple. They will have to build an efficient, effective and proactive partnership with each of these teams through providing outstanding People vision, leadership, operational and OD impact. Specific emphasis will be on Business Partnership, Organizational Design, Leadership Development, Employee Engagement, Performance Management and driving a Credo-based culture for all GRS teams. This individual will act as the first point of contact for all People activities, leveraging People team partners in Benefits, Compensation, Recruitment, Employee Relations and other cross-functional partners as required. The successful candidate will be charged with adding significant value to Apple's business goals and objectives by understanding human and operational needs. They will also an active agent and part of a guiding coalition to further broaden our PBP operating model to include Organizational Design capabilities and joint partnership in alignment with critical business goals. A natural leader and integral member of the People and business leadership team, the candidate will have the energy, drive, vision and sheer tenacity to develop a progressive GRS People function, deliver innovative strategies and work closely with all stakeholders within Apple. They will be equally adept at driving cross-functional implementation of today's People strategies as well as reading the organization for the workplace requirements of the future.
- Strategic and operational responsibility for the GRS People function
- Key areas of success and focus are:
- GRS Business Partnership
- Organizational Design capabilities
- Cross-functional Leadership/project support
- Driving a Credo-culture
- Talent & Succession Planning
- Learning and Development
- Performance Management
- Employee Engagement
- Organizational Development
- Based on strong business acumen, understands the needs of the organization to achieve maximum organizational performance and efficiencies. Consult and influence senior leaders across an evolving matrix organization on key organizational and employee concerns. Provide advice and counsel to senior leaders and design and deliver aligned talent and succession planning strategies for the business.
- Change Management
- Ensure deep understanding of the purpose and impact of all ongoing change initiatives, both inside and outside of the HR function for themselves, their team and business partners. Partner with and coach own team and senior leaders on building a change agile organization that embraces innovation and aspires to constantly evolve. Ensure outstanding employee and customers experiences as part of the implementation.
- Leadership Development
- Understand the learning and development needs of the organization and work with Apple University, Global Talent Development and other internal HR partners to secure and deliver appropriate training and development activities to the organization. Ensure the GRS HR team is deeply proficient in all learning solutions and can comfortably facilitate training and coaching sessions to achieve maximum business impact.
- Talent & Performance Management
- Lead and develop a scalable and trusted HR team that consults leaders, managers and employees on all performance related issues, including talent &, succession planning, performance reviews, recognition, performance issues, performance improvement and terminations. Ensure all related processes are deeply aligned to the Apple culture as well as in-country labor requirements.
- Employee Relations
- Partner with and support the Employee Relations function in GRS to consult with leaders, managers and employees on all aspects of employee-related issues, including manager and employee issues, policies and procedures, misconduct, investigations, terminations, reorganizations and claims. Ensure compliance with labor, employment and health and safety laws and regulations.
- Talent Acquisition and On-boarding
- Partner with Recruiting, Global Mobility and the various lines of business to assess and optimize talent acquisitions and on-boarding strategies and tactics. Ensure outstanding on-boarding experiences and efficient development processes for senior leaders, managers and employees across GRS.
- Compensation and Benefits
- In close partnership with the business leaders drive and deliver the annual salary planning process for GRS. Working closely with the compensation and benefits teams to develop and deliver C&B programs that are effective and efficient, aligned to our global C&B philosophy and provide a highly competitive Apple experience for our employees.
- HR Metrics
- Design and implement practices to track and report key people trends and data. Integrate findings with business metrics to build deep business acumen for the HR team, proactively identify opportunities across the business and HR function and recommend programs and program enhancements as necessary.
You will have 10+ years of HR experience and achieved a track record of consistent success with demonstrable leadership experience. 5+ Years experience in combination of OD, Change Management, Strategy and Leadership Development. Other important characteristics include: Ability to lead teams in a complex matrix and continually changing business environment Ability to effectively consult and support multiple, distinct client groups in different channels Advanced understanding of OD techniques and theory as we as workforce research and application Strong leadership skills, agile to adjust to other people's needs and achieve impact through others Resilient and determined to ensure initiatives achieve their full benefit Ability to build deep and business-relevant OD / consulting / coaching skills in others Excellent process management, planning and organizational skills Strong analytical skills, with an ability to see the implications of actual and planned activities, adding value to leadership decisions Personal stature and gravitas to be credible with top management and approachable to employees Excellent relationship building and leadership skills at peer and top management levels Flexible attitude and an ability to roll up sleeves Capable of operating effectively without the support of a huge HR infrastructure Fluent in English in writing and speaking
Education & Experience
Back to top