Posted: Oct 20, 2021
Role Number: 200018471
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you'll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices! In this highly visible role, team members will develop power efficient, high performance 3D graphics processors targeted for low power mobile devices.
- You should possess an MS or PhD in Computer or Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of GPU RTL experience.
- We would like you to have a deep understanding of the design and analysis of hardware and software graphics pipeline.
- You will be expected to be able to perform performance and power analysis.
- We will need you to demonstrate their knowledge of logic design principles along with timing and power implications.
- We believe that an understanding of low power microarchitecture techniques is a key qualification for success.
As a Graphics RTL Design Engineer, you would be responsible for: You have experience in CPU/ Graphics micro-architecture. Ideally you have a deep expertise in performance measurement and analysis of CPU/GPU micro-architectures and complex application workloads Performance exploration and correlation. Explore high performance strategies and validate that the RTL design meets targeted performance. Proficiency with vendor synthesis tools and understanding of PNR flow. Experience designing/analyzing hardware and software pipelines. Ability to demonstrate expertise in floating-point/numerics with regards to graphics image quality. We would like you to be an authority on several major sub-units in a high-performance processor. You possesses understanding of processor performance intricacies across a broad set of workloads. We would prefer you to have experienced in low power design and power analysis fundamentals OpenGL/DX application programming experience is highly valued for this position. You have the ability to collaborate effectively with multi-functional teams to tackle new challenges, through the use of robust written and verbal abilities.
Education & Experience
PHD/MSEE, or BSEE with meaningful industry experience