Summary Posted: Aug 3, 2022
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Engineering group, you'll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processors. You'll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly and efficiently handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you'll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple's devices. Together, you and your team will enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices! In this highly visible role, team members will develop power efficient, high performance 3D graphics processor microarchitectures targeted for low power mobile devices and high-performance personal computers.
* MS or PhD in Computer or Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of GPU RTL experience preferred.
* Deep understanding of the design and analysis of hardware and software graphics pipeline.
* Expertise in performance measurement and analysis of GPU micro-architecture
* Knowledge of logic design principles along with timing and power implications and an understanding of low power microarchitecture techniques
* Proficiency with vendor synthesis tools and understanding of PNR flow.
* Expert knowledge of Verilog hardware description language
* General knowledge of computer architecture and SIMD architectures
As a Graphics RTL Design Engineer , you will be responsible for delivering high-quality, low-power graphics IP that meets our performance, timing, and area goals. You will also be required to collaborate effectively with multi-functional teams to tackle new challenges, through the use of robust written and verbal abilities. For this particular position, expertise in Graphics Shader Core Thread Execution is preferred. Additional Requirements: - Understanding of Architectural trade offs and the ability to negotiate with platform architecture teams - Ability to understand and apply industry standard microarchitecture design techniques and creativity to design novel microarchitectures. - Expertise in RTL coding via system verilog and the skills to drive feature bringup for new designs or support functional debug of existing designs. - Experience designing microarchitectures and writing RTL to reduce critical timing paths, minimize area and power use, and alleviate routing congestions and other floorplan challenges. - You will go beyond the industry norm and demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas.
Education & Experience
PhD/MSEE, or BSEE with meaningful industry experience
Summary Posted: Aug 3, 2022
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Apple.