GPU Systems Engineer, Platform Architecture
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 15, 2020
Role Number: 200001377
Imagine what you can do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there's no telling what we can accomplish together. Do you love crafting elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Can you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? At Apple, our Platform Architecture group is responsible for connecting our hardware and software into one unified system. Join this team, and you'll collaborate with engineers across Apple to build and deploy forward-looking prototype systems that contribute to the development of our world renowned hardware and software architecture. You and your team will confirm that every product we make performs exactly as intended. Together, our work will be the reason millions of customers feel they can trust their devices every single day.
- Understanding of a modern GPU pipeline.
- Experience programming modern graphics APIs (OpenGL/Direct3D/Metal/Vulkan/...) is highly desired.
- Excellent programming (C++/C) and scripting skills (Python). Assembly experience a plus.
- Background in low-level software.
- Proficiency with debugging large, complex system software.
- Experience with GPU hardware a plus.
- Experience with parallel and concurrent programming a plus.
- Knowledge of ARM and/or X86 architectures a plus.
Apple's Platform Architecture group is looking for talented engineers to build high performance functional models of advanced GPU designs and to help bridge the gap between Software and Hardware, influencing performance improvements and the programming ease of Apple products. This role requires strong software engineering skills and a solid understanding of GPU architecture. You will work closely with cross-functional teams in hardware and software.
Education & Experience
MSCS or MSCE Degree or equivalent experience.
Back to top