GNSS Measurement Engine Data Quality Analysis Firmware Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Nov 28, 2020
Role Number: 200204477
Would you like to join Apple's growing wireless silicon development team? Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) space vehicles transmit the power of a lightbulb, they are 13000 miles away, and are moving four kilometers per second. The received signals are commonly one hundred times weaker than cosmic microwave background radiation left over from the Big Bang and arrive next to interfering signals ten billion times stronger, just few MHz away. Our GNSS team is part of Apple's wireless SOC team. We are a vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF, mixed signal analog design, systems engineering, Design Verification, RTL design, firmware and software engineering, Test, and Validation. Our focus is on highly energy efficient and robust GNSS receiver design. We develop GNSS technology that touches hundreds of millions of lives, something we are passionate about. We'd like you to consider being a part of our team. As a GNSS Measurement Engine (ME) Firmware Engineer, you will be a key member of our highly innovative Wireless SoC design team, developing ME firmware for novel ultra-low-power GNSS applications, with focus on ME data quality analysis and ME/PE interface.
- Proven knowledge and experience of GNSS ME and PE interface in GNSS measurement, statistical analysis, GNSS navigation algorithms, and AGNSS
- Proficient in software development using C/C++ and in scripts languages using MATLAB, Python, or Perl.
- Good understanding and experience and GNSS baseband processing algorithms is a plus.
- You have strong analytical and interpersonal skills with an ability to thrive in a multi-functional environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, are important to have.
Defining ME data quality analysis methodologies and key performance indicators. Developing and processing ME data quality analysis tools in C/C++ and/or Python. Apply AGNSS information to ME for GNSS search strategy, receiver management and ME data quality verification and control. Partnering with validation GNSS SW teams to provide system-level API, firmware functionality and resolve any issues to meet product requirements. Collaborating with the SoC design team and assist internal SW/HW integration and initial chip and product bring-up efforts.
Education & Experience
A MSEE with focus in Geomatics or Statistics. A Ph.D. in related areas of signal processing is a plus.
Back to top