GNSS Firmware Engineer - Positioning Engine
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Jan 23, 2020
Role Number: 200144154
Would you like to join Apple's growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SoC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. As a GNSS Positioning Engine Firmware Engineer, you will be a key member of our highly innovative Wireless SoC design team, developing positioning scheme for novel ultra-low-power GNSS applications.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of embedded software development as well as a strong background in embedded wireless systems.
- A minimum of 5 years of GNSS positioning engine (PE) development experience: understanding of GNSS measurements, orbital mechanics, statistical estimation, least squares, Kalman filter, matrix computation, RAIM, AGNSS.
- Strong background in embedded software development using C, C++ and assembly languages, familiarity with RTOS, ARM CPU and DSP.
- Experience writing scripts in languages such as MATLAB, Python, Perl, or Tcl.
- Experience implementing diagnostics, manufacturing tests, and protocol compliance test software.
Work closely with system/algorithm and measurement engine team in developing GNSS positioning engine (PE). Work closely with location platform software team to develop ME/PE interface. Work closely with product test and protocol stack teams to resolve any issues arising as part of product and interoperability testing.
Education & Experience
MS in CS/EE/Geomatics or equivalent is preferred.
Back to top