Global Supply Manager (GSM) - Mechanical Enclosures
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Mar 19, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200160781
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple GSMs own the commercial relationship with our enclosure manufacturing partners and are responsible for cost negotiations, continuity of supply, risk management, driving operational and cost efficiencies through process or design change, as well overall project execution. GSMs sit at the intersection of Apple's business activities and engineering communities, and effectively balance the needs of both groups to ensure successful product launches. Enclosure components (such as the housing) define the look, feel and expression of Apple's globally recognized industrial and product design. GSMs work in concert with operations, supply quality, and supply base engineers as well as Apple's Product Design and Industrial Design teams. Together, these teams execute and scale both new and existing manufacturing processes, materials, technologies, finishes and form factors.
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain development, sourcing management, or strong mechanical engineering background in product development
- Top-notch analytical/negotiation skills
- Ability to toggle between strategic and detail orientated thinking
- Tenacious problem solving & issue resolution skills
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence across multiple functional teams
- Flexibility to adapt to dynamic and rapidly changing environments
- Excellent communicators, capable of working in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing extraordinary objectives
- Hands-on experience in any of the following: mechanical engineering, mechanical development, manufacturing practices/techniques involving CNC Machined parts, sheet metal, enclosures, casings, jigs, tooling, fixtures, injection molding, vacuum forming, plastic parts, ceramics, etc.
Successful GSMs thrive in a rapidly changing environment and constantly drive excellence across their own responsibilities as well as that of team members and partners. They frequently leverage strategic internal relationships to effectively collaborate with engineering, operations and other Apple teams. You are able make smart decisions with the information available, think and stay focused under pressure, and communicate concisely and effectively with senior management as well as peers. GSMs identify and scale new and existing manufacturing partners as well as executing creative and strategic commercial deals to achieve goals around cost, supply, and quality.
Education & Experience
BSME or BSIE, or equivalent. MBA a plus.
- Ability to travel Internationally 25%
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.
Back to top