Full Stack Web Developer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Mar 3, 2020
Role Number: 200156396
Come join a creative engineering team devoted to making our products more durable. We're looking for another team member to work with software and hardware engineers to find ways to make future products even more robust. In this role, you'll design and build web applications to help take our department's capabilities to the next level. You'll work with several hardware and software engineering teams throughout Apple. You'll propose software designs, follow through with implementation, and iterate in response to feedback. The web tools you make will generate data reviewed at an executive level and shapes the design of future products. This is a hands-on work environment where engineers are expected to be self-motivated, proficient with a wide range of technologies, and support several projects concurrently.
- Experience optimizing and maintaining PostgreSQL databases as large as several terabytes
- Experience in backend server scaling, design, and application development
- Experience with an MVC web framework, e.g. Ruby on Rails, Django, etc.
- Experience with application server administration and health monitoring
- Experience with Agile development, code reviews, and test-driven development
- Takes initiative with tinkering and teamwork to solve new problems
- Communicates effectively in team environments with people from diverse technical backgrounds
- Thrives in a fast-paced and informal environment
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
This engineer will be responsible for the following: • Developing web tools and infrastructure to support department activities • Designing and developing both frontend and backend web application features using Ruby on Rails and Ember.js • Optimizing PostgreSQL database schema, infrastructure, and configuration • DevOps responsibilities such as server health and performance monitoring, load balancing, and deployment of new server clusters.
Education & Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant work experience
Back to top