Full Stack Web Developer (Data Pipelines)
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 30, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200169610
Home Office: Yes
As an engineer on the Data Pipelines team you'll develop and maintain a company-wide workflow orchestration framework. You'll help us build solutions that meet the needs of many teams, handle workload volumes at Apple-scale and push the boundaries when it comes to automatic, highly efficient resource allocation and management. The systems we build in Cloud Infrastructure shape the way in which data analytics work is done throughout the company. Come join us and be part of an important core engineering team at Apple.
- Expertise in building highly scalable web applications and APIs:
- Experience with one or more front-end frameworks such as React or AngularJS.
- Experience with Python back-ends using technologies such as Tornado Web Server, Flask, Django.
- Experience building large data pipelines using Apache Airflow or similar systems.
- Experience in building production services, including deployment automation, monitoring, and scaling.
- Knowledgable of Hadoop based technologies - HDFS/Yarn cluster administration, Hive, Spark:
- Good understanding of containers, build systems, and infrastructure automation.
- Experience with Agile development, code reviews, and test-driven development.
- Experience with version control systems, specifically Git.
We're looking for highly skilled full stack web developers to join our team. We seek engineers with expertise in building scalable web applications and strong understanding of cloud architecture and distributed systems. Expertise in using and maintaining Apache Airflow is highly desired and would set you apart. Experience with Kubernetes and workflow scheduling/orchestration technologies such as Oozie are a plus. Our primary customers are all of the data engineering and analytics teams at Apple. Our product consists of a user-friendly , resilient workflow orchestration system. We aim to make our product easy to use for the most tech savvy engineers and data scientists all the way to the non-tech folks at Apple. Some of the use cases we solve for are orchestrating ETL workloads, coordinating machine learning model training, and managing auto remediation of production systems. We develop and share our work as open source code internally at Apple and also contribute to public open source projects.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
Back to top