Firmware Validation Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jan 4, 2021
Role Number: 200201619
Would you like to join Apple's growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy-efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. As a Firmware Validation Engineer, you will be a key member of our highly innovative Wireless SoC design team, defining modem architectures, driving physical-layer algorithm designs, and developing digital signal processing schemes for novel ultra-low-power wireless applications.
- TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE, YOU WOULD HAVE:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in software validation or firmware validation.
- Strong python programming
- Embedded SW experience with C
- Knowledge of wireless protocols such as Bluetooth, WLAN, UWB or others
- Experience with digital interfaces such as SMB/SPMI/SPI/UART/I2C/JTAG
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, etc.
- Experience with version control and Git
Develop automated test frameworks for wireless firmware validation and regression testing Quantify functional, stress, and performance maturity of wireless systems Assess key performance indicators including RF metrics and power consumption Collaborate closely with HW, FW, SW, and QA teams Support first-level triage and debug of issues Generate reports detailing ongoing performance and functionality Expand coverage across multiple devices and FW targets
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top