- Cambridge, MA
Posted: Feb 25, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200148592
The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it As a member of the Real Estate & Development (RE&D) AMR field team, the successful candidate must operate as a true partner to local business leaders, finance, HR, IT, and other functional areas. You should be comfortable operating on both the strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer. Have a passion and in-depth knowledge of Property Management, FM Operations with a financial focus, is critical. This individual also has experience developing, implementing programs.
- Facilities operations background experience - a significant portion of which should demonstrate success in one or more of the following areas: facilities management, office management, corporate administrative services, and/or hospitality management.
- Experience in planning, coordinating and executing client needs; office furniture changes, upgrading workspaces, and building maintenance management of commercial property.
- Able to quickly adapt to new concepts, processes and tools.
Ensures all facilities are operated and maintained in alignment with established standards and procedures. Lead third-party contractors/vendors engaged in operating and maintaining properties. Develops, cultivates and owns key relationships with Landlords, Property Management companies and third party service providers and vendors. Assures small capital projects, operations projects and reconfigurations are run successfully with outstanding customer service Responsible for leading office services and programs such as reception, mail/post services, space management, and parking. Drive and support special projects and strategic initiatives for the portfolio. Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as HR, IT, Corporate Security, Safety/Emergency Preparedness, and Crisis Management. Participate in any site level crisis including Regional FM, Stakeholders, HR, RE&D Leadership, Crisis Management and Corp Sec. Collaborate with peers across regions to ensure standard methodologies are shared and implemented. Assists with annual budget development, financial variance reports and operations analysis. Establishes and maintains open, positive relationships with team and customers (Apple employees). Responsible for managing small operations-based projects. Interacts with various support groups to ensure regulatory and compliance systems and processes are implemented Owns monthly/quarterly reporting to business leaders to include updates on transactions, projects, and operations. Provides direct supervision to professional individual contributors, contractors and/or skilled, support individual contributors (e.g., technicians, designers, support personnel). Acts as advisor to unit or sub-units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
Education & Experience
- Conveys information, thoughts, and opinions by writing or speaking in a persuasive manner appropriate to the audience. Listens carefully and attentively, and clarifies and confirms the understanding of others' messages. Demonstrates an understanding of the implicit (emotional) message as well as the explicit message of any communication.
- Makes balanced and timely decisions with incomplete information. Evaluates a number of different options and demonstrates the capacity to anticipate problems. Uses numerous points or arguments that appeal to others' interests when pursuing an idea or proposition. Creates a favorable negotiation environment to support own case.
- Anticipates the impact of an idea or action on others, with the ability to quickly respond to resistance. Focuses on objectives by monitoring and assessing others' positions, and then identifying and applying the appropriate responses.
- Works collaboratively with customers to determine their needs and identify appropriate solutions. Ensures that customers and decision makers are influenced.
- Demonstrates commitment to excellent service in day-to-day operations. Foresees issues that might adversely affect work quality and develops contingency plans.
- Identifies and assembles resources across global functions to provide insight into emerging issues and to resolve them. Develops a strong global network for mutual assistance and knowledge exchange.
- Displays strong tenacity and drive to see things through to successful conclusion. Demonstrates a sense of urgency, a propensity for action, and confidence in the likely success of plans and initiatives.
- Identifies the critical elements of a problem and alternative ways of resolving it. Seeks help when necessary.
- Explores and builds on others' ideas. Offers new and imaginative suggestions. Questions conventional thinking and assumptions.
- Remains focused on key goals and assists team members in implementing change. Openly shares information that helps the team understand the dimensions and reasons for a particular change.
- Uses Project Management processes to clarify the scope of the project, estimate resources, and manage the project. Maintains project schedule, identifies task dependencies, and plans in advance to overcome project obstacles and constraints.
Back to top