Equipment Process Development Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 21, 2020
Role Number: 200201053
At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what we could accomplish! In this role you will be responsible for advancing process understanding and leading process improvement efforts related to advanced Li-ion cell pilot scale manufacturing. This position will work closely in multi-functional teams including equipment/machine engineering, cell design engineering, scientist, external vendors and technology partners to realize program goals from initial concept to production introduction. The specific activities include, but not limited to, technical support of manual and semi-automated equipment, process sensitivity studies, process capability evaluations on key parameters, determination of throughput capability, and insuring proper documentation of work instructions. Ideal candidate is a self-starter, with extensive experience in battery technology with a focus on process development.
- Prior pilot operation and process development experience desirable with focus on electrode winding process and/or form- fill - seal processes for packaging operations.
- Working experience with material joining methods such as ultrasonic welding, laser welding and resistance welding also desirable.
- Product development experience with emphasis on equipment and process development applicable to energy storage systems.
- Working knowledge of quality system as applied to new product development and manufacturing including: SPC, ISO, 6Sigma, design of experiments and statistical analysis
- Experience in contributing to manufacturing development programs with internal engineering groups and external technology development partners
- Motivated, self starter with excellent time management skills and strong data driven, process orientated approach to area of focus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills combined with the ability to make engineering decisions based available data and experience.
- Experience supervising and coaching process technicians.
•Perform disciplined process engineering studies, process verification, identify CTQ's, understand & reduce variation, perform DOEs. •Evaluate process data to determine failure modes and identify opportunities to improve. •Contribute to the design and operating specification of Li-ion pilot line equipment capable of supporting advanced design, material and process development initiatives. •Hands on development efforts related to pilot line process development, optimization, trouble shooting and corrective action implementation. •Work with pilot line multi-functional teams to install and implement a quality control and tracking data base systems to monitor process capability and identify / track history of materials and process settings used to generate prototype design samples. •Assist in technology transfer of process equipment, procedures and techniques to target vendors. Prepare status updates related to development efforts, report and make recommendations as required.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial Engineering.
Back to top