EPS - Soft Goods
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 29, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200143347
We are the SoftGoods Project Management team, made up of Engineering Project Managers (EPM) and Project Specialists (EPS) within the Product Design organization. As an EPS, your primary focus will be on creating the Bill of Materials, the Build Matrices, submitting Purchase Requisitions and processing ECOs in support of build activities. You will be part of a passionate group of people who enjoy what they do and the products they create. Why SoftGoods? Apple's SoftGoods Engineering team is relatively new to Apple. We work with textiles, leather, silicone and soft polymers. Our mission is to use these incredible materials to enable new product categories, and to enhance Apple's existing product lines. Bringing Apple engineering and precision to products made of soft materials is an exciting challenge and requires a creative and open-minded approach. We have a hardworking team of people from a wide variety of backgrounds. We all work together in a beautiful customized lab where we design, engineer and develop the best SoftGoods products in the world. If this sounds like an exciting challenge, we hope you will consider a place in our team! Why Apple? At Apple we believe our products begin with our people. By hiring a diverse team we drive creative thought. By giving that team everything they need we drive innovation. By hiring incredible engineers we drive precision. And through our collaborative process we create memorable experiences for our customers. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a large cross-functional team
- Experience managing, organizing and maintaining large quantities of data Critical thinking with detailed accuracy
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Ability to react to re-sets and changes in a time sensitive environment
- Combination of organizational and detail-oriented skills when working on different projects
- Monitor material requirements to support builds
- Experience working with overseas vendors preferred
- Ability to influence, effectively communicate and drive deadlines with vendors (either CM or part vendors)
- Overseas travel required
- Proficient in MS Excel, Agile and SAP
- Understand configuration management
- Understanding of complex BOMs (preferably for hardware products)
- You know the structure complex BOM's - You will be creating, managing and process Engineering Change Orders - Create build matrices and work closely with suppliers on material availability - Create Purchase Requisitions and maintain Purchase Order invoice reconciliations, including Goods Receipts Allocation management - Manage Apple Security product requirements - Oversee shipment notifications - Work on multiple spreadsheets and projects simultaneously
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree or 3+ years of industry experience
- - Mandarin fluency is a bonus.
- If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you and explore how we can have you be part of our team.
Back to top