Environmental Program Manager, Hazardous Waste (Apple Park)
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jul 23, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200095320
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) team at Apple is growing and we need energetic, dedicated and flexible professionals to join a dynamic team committed to protecting the environment, health, and safety of our employees, customers and the global communities where we operate, while supporting our partners in their mission to develop amazing products.
- 7+ years EHS experience with managing, developing and implementing environmental programs focused in waste disposal (Universal Waste, Non-RCRA, RCRA)
- Strong knowledge of Federal, State and Local regulations with Environmental Field including but not limited to Hazardous Materials management, BAAQMD, CERS, hazardous waste and universal waste
- Ability to manage multiple contractors supporting environmental programs and site hazardous waste services
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to influence without authority
- Relevant technical certification (CSP, CIH, etc.) preferred
This position is responsible for providing a central resource to building occupant groups for environmental, health and safety support at Apple Park. Key responsibility for managing environmental programs to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to chemical management, hazardous waste, asbestos, storm water, air compliance, waste water and emergency response. This position reports to the Apple Park EHS Manager. Overview of Responsibilities : Provide or arrange for all EHS services for the facility, including but not limited to: - Regulated waste disposal (Universal Waste, Non-RCRA, RCRA) - Hazard assessments - Incident investigations - Workplace safety inspections - Emergency response, including after-hours on-call coverage - Develop and implement written environmental, health & safety programs, tools, and materials for the facility - Maintain positive relationships with EHS regulatory agencies for the facility, manage permits, regulatory inspections, and incident reporting - Partner with various departments, including Facilities, Project Management, Human Resources, Security, and Wellness - Support Corporate EHS initiatives, including EHS metrics reporting and audits.
Education & Experience
Minimum B.S/B.A. degree in relevant field; Environmental Studies, Environmental Engineering or equivalent.
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Back to top