Entreprise UI Localization Producer
Posted: Jan 3, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200117300
The diversity of the people at Apple and their ideas inspire the innovation that runs through everything we do, no matter where in the world. Would you like to be part of a team which sees ideas come to life on a global scale? Are you fluent at a native-level in one or more languages besides English? We believe our team members should demonstrate a passion for excellence, be resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results-oriented with high energy and a positive attitude. We are looking for a technically skilled localization producer who is able to lead diverse server-side localization projects. As an Austin-based producer you will closely collaborate with Cupertino-based localization team members and work with vendor resources locally and internationally. The right mix of linguistic, technical, and interpersonal skills is the key to success. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
- You have a solid understanding of localization workflows, software development, and software QA.
- Native-level fluency in English and another language is a requirement. Additional languages are a plus.
- You have experience working with content management databases and localization tools.
- You possess excellent multi-tasking and time-management skills and can work independently in a distributed team environment.
- You are able to identify and prioritize key work you're doing and call out blockers, as soon as they arise, to the multi-functional partners.
- You are flexible, highly organized, and respond quickly and enthusiastically to often rapidly changing direction.
- You are resourceful, able to handle complex situations and deadlines, have very good analytical skills, and strong aim to learn and succeed.
- You bring focus and meticulous attention to detail to the job.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with localization planning, management, testing, and bug tracking.
- Experience with QA automation, processes, and tools is a plus.
- Competence working on the Mac and iOS platforms, and familiarity with Apple UI and terminology is desired.
- This role requires planning localization efforts, coordinating projects with other producers in the team, working with translation vendors, and interacting with multiple departments across Apple. You will be using the translated software hands-on, writing and communicating QA plans, supporting QA efforts in the localization lab, triaging and fixing bugs, and ultimately help deliver high quality localized products on time in up to 40 languages simultaneously. You will also be maintaining content in various databases. We want you to be technically involved, quick to recognize and raise issues, and communicate status effectively. - The environment is fast paced with tight schedules, providing a self-motivated individual with an opportunity to work on and run interesting projects, help improve existing processes and tools, and deliver outstanding services to our worldwide markets. The role is based in Austin, TX.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with experience in project management or localization
Back to top