Engineering Project Specialist (EPS), Technology Development Group
Posted: Dec 11, 2019
Role Number: 200072321
Do you have a passion for new technology ? Are you a highly motivated, organized person with an interest in program management? Apple's Technology Development Group is looking for a high-energy, collaborative and creative Engineering Program Specialist (EPS). We are searching for a talented individual to support both Hardware and Software teams on developing thrilling new products in an exciting technology space.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to work in a large cross-functional team environment
- Experience structuring BOMs for hardware products desired
- Experience with PLM tools, Agile experience preferred but not required
- Meticulous attention to detail; flexible with the ability to react to changes in a time-sensitive environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- Able and willing to travel internationally
- Prior experience working with overseas vendors
- Positive customer-first attitude.
What will you do in this role? As EPS, you will working closely with various engineering teams, program managers, global commodity managers, New Product Security, and finance. You will track development budgets, communicate status to vendors for POs and invoices for materials, and handle hardware device allocations and distribution of engineering hardware prototypes. You will be responsible for: Material demand planning, inventory control and logistics readiness from vendors to OEMs Submitting purchase requisitions, tracking POs, submitting goods receipts and processing procurement invoices Creating engineering part numbers and structuring BOMs Reviewing and approving engineering change orders, providing feedback to engineers when necessary Managing the logistics of ordering and tracking parts for early prototyping and engineering builds throughout development Managing communication with vendors and contracted manufacturing partners closely to drive and track materials and shipments, trouble-shooting any issues that may arise Allocating and fulfilling development hardware to multi-functional teams Traveling internationally to support engineering builds If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you and explore how we can have you be part of our team. We embrace diversity, encourage creativity, and strive for perfection. Apple is an equal opportunity employer.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree, or 3+ years of industry experience.
Back to top