Engineering Project Manager, Apple Pay
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 16, 2020
Role Number: 200192684
The Apple Pay Program team is looking for an experienced project manager to drive Apple Pay Transit projects. Our team delivers the server-side solutions for Apple Pay and works closely with client engineering, third party integration partners and other backend systems. In a fast paced matrix organization you will need to scope and prepare projects from the beginning across multiple teams, handle documentation, effectively communicate project status, manage project risk, and drive continuous improvement. The transit system arena and digitization of wallet content is an exciting space, this is an extraordinary opportunity to work in the team that powers Apple Pay!
- Goal oriented, highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision in a cross-functional environment at detailed levels whilst taking account of interdependencies at higher levels.
- Strong background in system implementation project management using proven software development techniques.
- Effective presentation, oral, and written business communication skills with various audiences and levels.
- Ability to quickly respond to changes in business scenarios, projects and resources - adapting accordingly and positively.
- Data analysis experience.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate requirements brainstorming sessions.
- Effective decision-maker - balance risks and benefits for the overall good of Apple.
- Proven past in technical and engineering project delivery.
- Experience in the wireless industry or knowledge of cellular technologies or mobile payment solutions will be a strong benefit.
- Lead cross functional engineering and BRB (bug review board) meetings with internal and third party integration partners, providing project leadership and daily management through end to end project life cycle. - Manage server integration aspects directly with one or more third party integration partners. - Oversee aspects of project information including timelines, resource allocation, scope and definition - this may include development of detailed project requirements in areas such as operations, marketing, or finance. - Assist management in assessing and prioritizing projects. - Actively seek problem resolutions. - Support internal and external groups. - Analyze data and report to management and others. - Build a strong relationship with cross-functional internal organizations. - Navigate and execute in an environment of ambiguity and lead teams to the successful delivery of solutions.
Education & Experience
Back to top