Engineering Program Manager Test & Instrumentation
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 3, 2018
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200017712
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. In this critical, highly visible role, you will handle projects involving the design, integration and launch of state of the art technologies for world-renowned Apple products including iPad, iPhone, and MacBook. You will play a key part in providing Apple customers with the best user-experience in the industry by driving the development and deployment of next-generation touch, optical and motion sensing technologies. The Imaging & Sensing Technology team features a team environment with dynamic, smart people. We love Engineering excellence! Come, join us in crafting solutions the world doesn't know of yet!
- Technical background (e.g. hardware development, instrumentation, test) with knowledge of touch and/or sensor technologies.
- You should have excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Able to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience.
- You should be self-motivated and proactive with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- You should possess leadership skills and the ability to inspire team members.
- Understand and deal well with rapid development cycles; remain flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- Teamwork: you are able to fit in well with a team, understand capabilities and priorities while fostering a collaborative environment.
- Limited international travel required.
Lead multi-functional teams including Electrical, Mechanical, Process and Software Engineering to deliver state-of-the-art instrumentation and test solutions. Define the plan/schedule and manage instrumentation and test through execution. Deliver presentations and drive the decision-making process. Ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication. Handle development budgets and builds. Effectively and consistently communicate overall status. Identify, resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies, issues quickly and efficiently. Improve the system: look for patterns, offer standard methodologies and implement change.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience in a related discipline (e.g. EE, ME, etc.) required.
Back to top