Engineering Program Management Internship
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jul 17, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200180414
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, intelligent people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here.The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products and services that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Apple is looking for an extraordinary Engineering Program Management (EPM) Intern. You will need to understand new technology as it comes together and help track and facilitate any multi-functional tasks that are needed. You will also be able to clearly communicate requirements and status at the engineering and executive level. You will enjoy exciting and innovative projects and thrive in a fast-paced environment where accountability is paramount. This job requires excellent social skills to work cross functionally with other organizations within and outside of Apple. EPMs must be daring organizers and excellent leaders cross-functionally with multiple teams throughout Apple as well as with external suppliers. A successful candidate will help set strategy, execute on schedule and be responsible for leading/communicating status and issues along the way.
- Self-motivated and dedicated with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Experience handling complex, cross functional projects
- Comprehends and deals well with rapid changes and remains flexible and calm in times of uncertainty
- Excellent communication, presentation, organizational, and leadership skills
- Define project plans and schedules. Drive project execution. - Lead internal and external multi-functional teams in engineering and validation activities - Ensure tight inter-team coordination and communication - Strong presentation and communication skills required - Understand and communicate sophisticated, technical/Engineering issues - Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies and program issues quickly and efficiently - Lead development budgets and engineering builds
Education & Experience
Pursuing BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field You are additionally required to return to school after the internship to continue or complete your education, or an internship needs to be required for graduation from your school. You also qualify if accepted into a graduate program after graduation.
- Good written and verbal communication Ability to juggle multiple requests/tests
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Back to top