Engineering Manager- Retail Store Apps
- Austin, TX
Posted: Dec 15, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200148723
The Retail Store Apps team in Austin is looking for a hardworking and talented Engineering Manager to lead an amazing team of engineers building the next generation of experiences powering our Apple Retail stores. You will be responsible for building and leading iOS and MacOS engineers in building tools and apps that used in every retail store worldwide. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a meaningful fast-paced environment using the newest technology to create solutions and deliver surprise and delight across all of Apple's innovative products, including Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Apple Watch, and AirPods/Beats line of products. We are looking for someone an experienced leader with previous iOS and MacOS engineering on scalable enterprise products. Our team believes in fun, camaraderie, learning, and collaboration at work, and are looking for candidates that shares those values.
- 10+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 3+ years managing engineering teams that design complex software engineering projects
- Hands on engineering manager, able to understand problems and designs at a very low level to understand the challenges of both engineers and end users
- Expected to contribute to and challenge decisions related to Architecture, Development and Operational processes, Product and Features.
- Extensive experience writing code in Swift and Objective-C on iOS and MacOS
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals, object-oriented programming and design skills
- Strong organizational skills and experience working on large multi-functional teams
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
As a leader in the Retail Store Apps team in Austin, this position will give you the opportunity to work with an incredible team of talented engineers, project managers, creatives, and artists producing outstanding experiences for our customers worldwide. You will lead by example, setting standards, meeting with partners, reviewing code, running deployments, and contributing to the quality of every release we do. Responsibilities will include: leading a team of highly motivated engineers, architecture and design of highly available and scalable solutions that can scale to our growing needs, be responsible for promised deliveries on time with uncompromisable quality, collaborate with Business, application owners, developers and Project Management team and cross functional teams to drive deliverables.
Education & Experience
Masters or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field..
Back to top