Engineering Manager, AR Applications
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 1, 2019
Role Number: 200087145
Do you love problem solving and thinking beyond an obvious solution? Do you thrive in ambiguity and teams where little guidance fuels your creativity? We are seeking a hands-on leader to help us build interactive applications for our platform. You will be responsible for a team that will work with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our team, you will assist us in crafting future products that will delight, encourage and empower millions of people.
- 7+ years of managing software application engineering teams architecting, developing and launching applications and/or services with user-facing components, preferably in the AR space or game development.
- Strong experience in organizational design to best structure the team from conception to scale to equip the team for success in their goals.
- Fundamental knowledge of software engineering technologies, methodologies and practices.
- Mastery of a systems programming language, such as C/C++, Objective-C, Swift, etc.
- Excellent collaboration skills and relationship management to effectively lead your teams work across many leading-edge technology areas and multi-functional teams.
You'll be leading a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly evolving domain. - Lead great application engineering teams to deliver world-class AR application experiences. - Provide technical leadership and guidance to your team members while collaborating with a magnitude of various Apple teams to create the best solution. - Understand software components from multiple partner teams, lead the integration of those components into the unified product code base, and drive their continued development. - Establish a solid project framework and development processes. - Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the project peers and management teams. - Coding as required to support the team. - MBA a plus. - Experience developing applications for Apple products (e.g., macOS, iOS, tvOS or watchOS). - Experience developing AR applications; familiarity with ARKit. - Start-up experience is ideal but not essential.
Education & Experience
BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience
Back to top