Embedded SW Engineer
Posted: Apr 12, 2019
Role Number: 200030585
Would you like to join Apple's growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of a silicon design group with a critical impact on getting functional wireless products to hundreds of millions of customers quickly. Responsible for crafting and implementing embedded software for System on a Chip (SoC) bring up and test. You will work closely with the Software Engineering team ensuring the quality of their firmware for manufacturability.
- You will have a minimum of 5 years of embedded SW development as well as a strong background in embedded wireless systems.
- Strong background in embedded software development using C and assembly languages, familiarity with ARM CPUs.
- Experience in performing low-level drivers and HW bring-up, using test tools and interacting with HW and SoC design teams.
- Experience writing scripts in languages such as Python, Perl, or Tcl.
- Experience implementing diagnostics, manufacturing tests, and protocol compliance test software.
- Experience with industry standards for wireless communications such as Bluetooth, WLAN, or Zigbee, is also desirable.
As an Embedded SW Engineer, the individual will be a core member of a Wireless SoC firmware team, with emphasis on hardware and system bring-up, drivers, network stack, and support of other teams interacting within a Wireless SoC group. - Work closely with product SW team to provide system-level API and firmware functionality to meet product requirements. - Work closely with product test and protocol stack teams to resolve any issues arising as part of the product and interoperability testing. - Implement new product features as part of the development of wireless protocol stacks, device drivers, and diagnostics. - Provide support to the SoC design team and assist internal SW/HW integration and initial chip and product bring-up efforts.
Education & Experience
MS in CS/EE or equivalent
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top