- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 28, 2020
Role Number: 200188936
We are seeking a mechanical engineer for a team focused on motion control actuation systems. They will be responsible for designing electro-mechanical actuation systems and products beginning from the conception phase and continuing through volume production. In addition to product design, this effort will include the development and execution of validation plans, the design of custom test fixtures, and collaboration with outside suppliers. This person will work closely with electrical engineers and other cross-functional partners (SW, reliability, testing, DFM, operations) to solve issues that arise in the course of prototyping, verification and validation.
- Mechanical engineering background
- Must have experience designing actuation systems and mechanisms
- Preferred candidates will have experience designing high-performance motion control systems that are heavily optimized for their application (speed, precision, response, cost, etc.)
- Solid understanding of the design, selection and sizing of electro-mechanical components including motors and sensors
- Ability to brainstorm and conceptualize creative solutions to complex problems.
- Must have an understanding of vibration, dynamics and controls concepts
- Strong design and analysis skills including CAD design, FEA analysis, GD&T, tolerance analysis, etc.
- Ability to conceptualize, design and build test fixtures to validate designs
- Experience designing and launching high-volume products is preferred
- The flexibility and drive to be productive while working on a large, multidisciplinary project that is subject to rapid changes
Design of high-performance actuation systems from concept generation through volume production Engineering documentation, reports, drawings, GDT&T, etc. Sourcing, building, and testing low volume prototypes Designing test plans and fixtures ranging from quick and simple benchtop tests to sophisticated design validation tests. Supply chain development and supplier management Subsystem ownership all the way to volume production
Education & Experience
Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering required.
Back to top