Electrical Engineer(FPGA Design)
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 1, 2020
Role Number: 200119528
The Apple Engineering Team is looking for an enthusiastic, creative, and self driven FPGA Design engineer with good understanding of Electrical Engineering. The candidate will work in a small team of HW, FPGA & SW engineers who collaboratively build functional Prototypes of Display technologies, which eventually find their way in Apple's future products.
- - Min. 3 years of experience utilizing Xilinx Vivado Tool chain.
- - Min. 3 years of hands-on experience with FPGA RTL coding, simulating, and debugging FPGA on actual HW.
- - Strong understanding how your HDL/RTL code will be synthesized into FPGA fabric. Code for performance!
- - Knowledge on FPGA's HW requirements - DC Power supplies, Terminations, Signal Integrity.
- - Hands-on experience using any 7 series Xilinx FPGAs - Artix-7, Kintex-7, Virtex-7, UltraScale, Zynq etc.
- - Built FPGA designs involving high-performance interfaces like DDR2/3/4, LVDS, DSPs, Ethernet, etc.
- - Knowledge & Experience using low-speed data/control interfaces like SPI, UART, I2C etc.
- - Knowledge of FPGA fabric - Clock Regions, Bank IO Constraints, Clocking resources - CMTs, PLLs, DLLs etc.
- - Understanding static timing analysis, and ability to read timing reports & fix timing issues in RTL.
- - Must have practical lab debugging skills to bring-up FPGA designs on actual PCBs using Oscilloscope, Protocol Analyzers
- - Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional product development HW & SW teams.
- - Micro-controller / Xilinx Microblaze experience is a Plus.
- - EE Schematics & Board Design/Layout experience is a Plus.
- - FW Development experience using C/C++ is a Plus.
- - Scripting or Test Automation is a Plus.
- - Strong Analytical aptitude and meticulous attention to detail.
- - Demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think out-of-box, and adapt quickly to new technical areas.
- - Create and give presentations before and after prototyping new ideas.
- - Participate in FPGA design - RTL coding, module & system level test bench design, simulation, synthesis and HW bring-up.
- - Participate in HW design reviews, and help improve existing design.
- - Communicate and demonstrate prototypes to Cross-Functional Teams.
- Demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think out-of-box, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. - Promote innovation and new technology to further enhance Apple's display performance and user experience. - Create and give presentations before and after prototyping new ideas. - Work in a team environment and negotiate solutions with HW / SW Engineering and Systems Engineering. - Participate in all phases of the FPGA/EE design including requirements analysis and system architecture, RTL coding, module & system level test bench design, simulation, synthesis, verification and bring-up. - Participate in HW design reviews, and help improve existing design. - Communicate and demonstrate prototypes to multi-functional Teams. - Mentor junior colleagues when necessary.
Education & Experience
- MS/BS in Electrical Engineering. - MS with 5+ years, or BS with 8+ years of relevant FPGA Design experience.
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top