Electrical Engineer - Wireless Design
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Apr 16, 2020
Role Number: 200038820
Do you have a passion for crafting entirely new solutions? Do you love building without precedent? As part of our Process Engineering group, you'll take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and determine how to turn them into reality. You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if need be. A project might call for crafting new equipment, developing new materials, or even building a new factory to bring a forward-thinking idea to the real world. Your efforts will be groundbreaking, often literally. Join us, and you'll help design the tools that allow us to bring customers experiences they've never before envisioned! Be a part of a best-in-class design team responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, and integration of the baseband system for all Apple products.
- You will be familiar with computer system architecture and digital design and will work dedicatedly with other cross-functional engineering groups.
- You will have three or more years of industry experience
- Deep understanding of EE fundamentals
- Deep understanding of mobile and / or embedded processors
- Experience with memory systems, power supply / power/clock management, high speed digital interfaces
- Deep understanding of schematic capture / layout
- Hands on test / debug experience
- Scripting experience is a plus
- Signal/Power integrity simulation experience is a plus
- Wireless protocol or RF experience nice to have but not required
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, as well as problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience interacting with offshore manufacturing partners
- Energy and aim to thrive in a start-up environment
- Successful track record of delivering highly innovative communications products
- Flexible with some international travel
This is an Electrical Engineering (a.k.a baseband HW) position in the Wireless Design group of Apple and it is one of the most diverse role out there. This team is responsible for the digital and power management domain of all wireless chipset in Apple products from concept to product announcement. As a Baseband Hardware Engineer, you will be responsible for the digital and power management domain of all wireless chipset in Apple products from concept to product announcement. During architectural stage you will work with elite IC designers on next-gen chipset's Power/Digital/Clock management. During development you will drive schematics/layout/bring-up as well as debug HW/SW/Co-existence issue that are often seen only by the scale and volume of an Apple product. You will also have the full weight of the world's leading contract manufacturer behind you in factory prototype support. This role also requires heavy multi-functional collaboration with other teams (Apple SoC, battery, sensors, iOS...etc) and therefore, you will maintain a firm grasp of the entire product landscape outside of wireless design. Join us and do your best work at Apple!
Education & Experience
BSEE or equivalent required; MSEE or equivalent preferred
Back to top