DSP Firmware Engineer
Posted: Apr 12, 2019
Role Number: 200030595
Would you like to join Apple's growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. In this highly visible role, you will be at the center of a silicon design group with a critical impact on getting functional wireless products to hundreds of millions of customers quickly.
- You will have a minimum of 5 years of DSP firmware development as well as a strong background in DSP algorithms and embedded wireless systems.
- Strong background in embedded software development using C and assembly languages, familiarity with ARM CPUs.
- Experience writing optimized DSP routines for vector / SIMD processors.
- Experience with algorithms such as FFT, matrix operations, eigenvalue decomposition, SVD, MUSIC, or other complex linear algebra techniques.
- Experience with Matlab and Python.
- Familiarity with ARMv8 NEON architecture is desirable.
As a DSP FW Engineer, the individual will be a core member of a Wireless SoC design team, with emphasis on deftly mapping PHY-layer algorithms to firmware, assisting with hardware and system bring-up, performance characterization and tuning, and support of other teams interacting within a Wireless SoC group working on advanced wireless protocols. - Work closely with systems team to design and deftly implement DSP algorithms to meet constraints for latency, memory size, and power consumption. - Work well with SoC firmware and test teams to support bring up, lab characterization, and debug product level issues. - Implement DSP firmware to map high-level algorithms from Matlab/C to architecture-specific code, utilizing features such as SIMD, vector processing, assembly code, and caches. - Analyze system performance to identify areas for optimization and inform chip architectural designs such as core selection, hardware accelerators, or custom instruction sets.
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in CS/EE or equivalent
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top