DRAM Strategic Sourcing Engineering Program Manager Lead
Posted: Sep 20, 2019
Role Number: 200026408
Are you a team leader? Do you want to utilize your engineering leadership background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable yet dynamic schedule? We are seeking a highly motivated lead for a team of DRAM Strategic Sourcing Engineering Program Managers, who have ownership to drive the latest DRAM technologies to accompany Apple's custom SoCs across our multiple product lines. In this dynamic role, your team will be the critical interface to our DRAM suppliers as well as to Apple's multi-functional teams (including Silicon Engineering, System Engineering, Procurement, and Operations teams) to ensure the most advanced DRAM technologies go to mass production to Apple's industry leading quality standards. A successful lead on this team will have two key attributes: World-class material management skills and experience; and a strong dynamic personality that enables you to be a leader.
- 7+ years of program management experience, preferably in DRAM / NAND industry.
- Experience shipping high volume DRAMs / SoCs.
- Deep vendor management experience. Managing off-shore vendors required.
- Excellent analytical skills and validated ability to drive resolution of critical problems, while under pressure.
- Experience working in a dynamic multi-disciplined engineering environment, strong at multi-tasking, and real-time crisis management.
- Passionate to own/drive project development using well-defined metrics.
- Ability to understand and extract action plans from complex technical discussions and translate into succinct messaging for multi-functional and executive reporting.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with a reciprocal mindset.
- Occasional travel to suppliers is required (10% max)
- Providing inspiration, leadership, support, and direction to the team. - Negotiating and collaborating multi-functionally with various departments, such as System Engineering, Silicon Engineering, and Global Supply Management. - Supporting your team's growth and health through recruiting, onboarding and integrating new hires into group, providing mentorship and career guidance to develop great program managers and future leaders of our organization - Lead DRAM qualifications across multi-functional teams: Systems Hardware, Software, Product/Test/QA Engineering, Design, Verification, and Silicon Validation teams. - Responsible for precise execution of DRAM material plans from component forecasting to final integration into Apple's strategic development and NPI builds. - Collaborate with SoC material management teams to plan and track distribution of new DRAM material across all systems in development. - Responsible for delivering program level risk assessment, including detailed issue identification along with mitigation plans. - Communicate DRAM status in multi-functional forums and to executives. - Own relationship with DRAM suppliers and drive detailed plans to ensure Apple's build objectives are met with success.
Education & Experience
MS / BS Degree in technical discipline; or Equivalent industry experience.
Back to top