DRAM Packaging Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 22, 2020
Role Number: 200201406
Envision what you could do here. At Apple, we believe new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight, and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Summary: Do you like to work on groundbreaking technologies that enable amazing new products? Do you have the attention for details and love for perfection to work towards an extraordinary result? We are looking for a hardworking and passionate DRAM Packaging Engineer to join our team. SEG Packaging is a key part of the HW Technologies team, and is located in Cupertino, CA. This team invents, designs, develops and integrates electronic packaging solutions for the Apple's internal and customized external components of hardware for its consumer electronic products. As a DRAM packaging engineer, you will lead the memory package development by managing the external memory vendors and steering their packaging design compatibility to Apple system components. You will partner with the internal SEG teams, defining the memory package architecture, die pad layout, package form factor, interconnect and package density, and will support the system and product teams and overall program through the development and NPI cycle.
- We are looking for someone with 4+ years' experience in package design and assembly process development for memory wirebonded stacked-die packages
- Strong knowledge of assembly design rules, SIPI, and layout tradeoffs to enable high performance DDR or differential signaling
- Strong knowledge of packaging materials, substrate technology, and their mechanical and thermal behaviors
- Solid working experience in package test and reliability, system-level downstream process interaction and packaging inspection metrology
- Excellent engineering problem solving skills, with strong engineering physics and data driven analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for working with internal multi-functional teams and OSATs
Define the memory package POR (plan of record): Package architecture, technology, process, form factor, layout, bill of materials (BOM), design rules, thermo-mechanical, signal integrity, power integrity Publish internal package specs for customized memory Establish trusting and collaborative relationship and communication channels, as a direct interface with vendors for DRAM memory package development and qualification Review, drive and approve the DRAM memory vendors DOEs/characterization plans, technology and product qualification and data for package development Drive industry with advanced package processes, new materials and leading-edge specifications About 10% international travel required
Education & Experience
Ph.D. preferred or MSc (EE ChemE, ME, Materials Science/Engineering major) with experience in package integration.
Back to top