Distributed Systems - Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) Lead
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 23, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200095127
Software Delivery's Services and Infrastructure team is looking for hardworking and passionate people to help shape the future of how we build and maintain our services which enable thousands of Apple engineers to develop the software products that delight millions of Apple customers. You will have the technical chops to go deep, yet retain the ability to consider higher-level business needs and to lead fellow engineers.
- Strong emphasis on SRE as an engineering discipline with a focus on automation.
- Superb interpersonal skills, capable of working with multi-functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management.
- Capable of writing detailed solution specs, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Experience supporting infrastructure and services ranging from on-premises *nix to public cloud environments.
- Experience building and supporting containerized application technologies using Docker and Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot instability in distributed systems and drive operational excellence.
- Monitor and stress test systems to collect metrics for tuning and capacity planning.
- Experience leading a technical team.
- Participation in on-call rotation.
Your responsibilities will be both broad and deep, with a primary focus on delivering cloud orchestrated infrastructure that serves as the foundation of Software Delivery's services. You will be architecting and building Kubernetes and/or OpenShift infrastructure from the ground up. This infrastructure will help facilitate interoperability between internal and public environments that aligns with Apple's broader cloud strategy. This role will require strong leadership within S&I and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams across Software Engineering. You will use all of your talent to deliver and assure the high availability and performance of our services that our software engineers deserve.
Education & Experience
• BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Back to top